Sunday, April 18, 2010

ORG EXLEY FROM PRETORIA STYLING AN OLEA.

Org evaluating this Olea africana. this yamadori will lend itself to a nice literati style.

Cutting and grinding away everything that is not part of this tree.


Working on the nebari.


Very handy with his die-grinder.


Closeup of the deadwood.


Preliminary work on the tree done. Building the pads would be the next step.



Thanks Org for a very informative demonstration- we have learned a lot about carving and the literati style.

2 comments:

  1. Good grief thats a big Olive! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lennard. Nice post. These olives look familiar!!! I recently joined Org and others digging these out, this one must have been from a previous dig. One thing....you state the use of a die grinder above. On zooming into the image I see that in fact it is a router and not a grinder. The reason I mention this is as I recently purchased a die grinder even though I had a router. After researching it a lot I finally decided it was safer to use a die grinder than an 'exposed' router to carve with as it is better designed for the type of freehand work we do when it comes to holding it. Plus with a router you have to turn it off manually, with some die grinders the moment you release the handle it turns off. Just a comment I thought I would share with you. Keep up the posts :)You can also visit my site: www.bonsaitree.co.za and comment on some of my posts too if you like.

    ReplyDelete